canker sore relief or how to get rid of them ...? any home remedies? helpp me :(

im dying here :/ .. it hurts soo bad im drooling all the time lol and it stings and burns and owwwwwwww its almost by mylip on the top by that bumpy thingy by your crease oww... i cant take it anymore its stopping me from eating

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• try washing your mouth with warm water add salt to it and rinse
    three times a day this does work
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• 2 things, 1st one go to the drug store and get Oragel for canker sores. It numbs the area in the same way the brand does with teething or get the Abreeva gel (not spelled right). Its a tad expensive, but u will notice a HUGE difference in 24 hrs!! My DH gets this cause he gets canker sores at leat 3x in the winter for some reason, not in the summer though. Good luck
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with MichiganMom.....Abreva does work wonders and it IS a bit expensive. BUT here is a link to a home remedy site. Hope ya feel better soon!

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/static/canker-sores.html

http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_canker_sores.htm

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My husband gets canker sores all the time. Sometimes 3-4 at once. He uses two different things. One is a liquid called KANKA. Available at most drug store. He uses a Qtip to apply. It really kills the pain. The other thing he uses are these little discs called 'cankamelts" They are homeopathic/. They speed the healing by a LOT. We order those off Drugstore.com. I hope you feel better soon.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Salt water rinse. Theres also something you can put on it but I forget what its called. It burns for a second but makes it go away faster. I always get them from eating something acid-y
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my dd 15 just got over having them and the doctor told me to get this product called liposal(i think thats how you spell it) and it works wonders
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We used to use a mix of half mallox,and half benadryl,DO NOT SWALLOW.rinse with this 2 or three times it really works.Mallox coats sore and benadryl helps pain.My kids with braces had them all the time.This works.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Acidophilius helps. I used to get them all the time.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010