Having trouble sleeping

Well i have depression and been smoking pot for 3 months straight except for the past week. Dont bash, i only smoke it when my kids are in bed. But since ive stopped smoking it i have had the WORST time sleeping. Im not sure if its cause i was so used to smoking or my depression. Also my husband snores really loud. Esspecially tonight. I went to bed watched an hour of tv and tried to go to sleep but couldnt. I am just so upset that i can not sleep when i want too and it bothers me. Ive never had a problem with sleeping before in my life. Could someone plz help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• It sounds like you need to take some kind of depression medacine that will help calm your nerves and your body.So you can relax and get a good nights sleep.It sounds like when you smoked your pot it helped relax you and calmed you down.I would ask a Doctor for advice.Good luck
    trailoftears

Answer by trailoftears at 2:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• try Camollia tea , wish u good nights
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you could try sleepy time tea.... and yes that is what it is really called... also a hot shower or even bath could do the trick to only for the fact that it relaxes the body... but it could also be do to depression and i know how that goes only for the fact that i have to take meds for the rest of my life do to that... but i've acepted that.. so you may want to get that check out just in case... all the best of luck to you and i hope you find a way to get some sleep

and i'm proud that you have stop smoking that right there is a big first step.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• chamomile tea helps a lot
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Have you tried talking to a Dr about your depression?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You have to try to relax before you go to bed. I have always have had a sleeping problem, counted sheep to 1000 once hahah. The tea does work, I do watch T.V every night I like to laugh than I do fall asleep or HGTV.
    The last thing I would do is smoke dope, I have had a few dope heads in the family so I do know it does not work to relax you it only get worse on dope.
    My nephew stopped cold when he realized it was hurting him and not working like 'they say' . He started to do yoga and read about it and now he is hard working young man and has no problems sleeping anymore.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I read until i get sleepy,yeah some times it takes a while.When i really have problem sleeping i scrub a floor or other strenuous jobs to tire me out.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You could be having withdrawal symptoms, hence the insomnia. I would try some meditation, calming exercises, and also get to the dr about your depression.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have heard that watching TV before bed can actually cause you to have trouble sleeping. You might want to try reading for a little bit before going to bed instead. Also, pot can tend to make your mind race more...I have been in your situation and it just made me want to clean like a mad woman. It works differently on different people.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010