Am I supposed to be okay with my fiance staying at work an extra 3 hours just to talk to some girl her works with?

My fiance has stayed at work later a couple of times to talk to a girl he works with. I know that they are friends and the last couple of times I just shrugged it off, but this time i called him to ask him to come home because I am not feeling good, and just wanted him to be here, and he just said I'll be home when I'm done talking. What am I supposed to say to that? If i try to ask him about it he just gets mad and says that he has a lot of friends that are girls and that i just have to live with it. I understand cause i myself have a lot of guy friends, but he works nights and gets off at midnight but wants to stay gone til like 3 or 4 in the morning. I'm just confused.

Mshellv1107

Asked by Mshellv1107 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You don't have to be okay with that at all. I wouldn't be
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would have a huge problem with that. I could understand maybe once or twice but when it becomes an constant issue I would have to say something. This is a tough question. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.
    jada2514

Answer by jada2514 at 3:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't be okay with that, and neither should you. It seems odd that he would rather be with some OTHER woman at work than be home with his SICK Fiancee. I would find out what's REALLY going on and get to the bottom of it. That just wouldn't fly with me.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i wouldn't be okay with that! My husband turned down going out with his guy friends because i didn't feel good!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 4:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• SOOOO NOT ok! It sounds like he's either having an affair with this woman or has some kind of serious emotional connection. I'd be inclined to give him a choice either some random chick he works with or you. OR you could do the exact same thing to him. (I don't mean cheating). See how he takes it if you were to stay at work a few extra hrs just to talk to a guy.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You shouldn't have 2 be ok with this. You should ALWAYS come first & not the other woman that he works with. He should've been at home with you nursing you back 2 health instead of making the choice of staying on at the office w/ this "little friend." You need 2 find out what's going on between those 2 before you say i do.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, it's not okay! Your wants & needs have to come first and if he is uncaring enough to tell you that "he'll come home when he's through talking w/her", then I'd let him have her and I'd be gone!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well, I would NOT be ok with this and you shouldn't be either. I would be getting down to the bottom of this it soulds like more then just talking is going on. They should be no more then 15 minutes after work and then home he comes.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I honestly don't think he would be my fiance for long. He sounds pretty selfish and I damn sure would not be ok with him having long conversations with another female

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't be ok with that at all.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2010