Fleas trying to live on my 3yrs head??

I KNOW ITS NOT LICE!!!

My DD Just got a puppy and we have been trying to get rid of his fleas and she sleeps with him and snuggles him all the time.. But there is fleas trying to live on her head, I pulled 2 off her yester day and one today.. What is with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The puppy needs a Dawn dishsoap bath, and you need to shampoo your carpets with Dawn as well. The dishsoap smothers the fleas. But it has to be the original blue Dawn dishsoap. Then get that puppy on Frontline. Don't use the store bought stuff because not only does it not work, its harmful to the animals as well. (Hertz for example)
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• fleas will bite any warm blooded animal. As humans we fit that bill. Fleas on a small pup or kitten will make them anemic very quickly. I would be treating the pup, the house and the yard all at once. A lot of people think fleas go away in the winter. Only outside if you have extended snow on the ground...but if your animal has fleas it will still be capable of infesting your home or car.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• OMG fleas are the one of the most nasty creatures alive I swear. Mt bf has a cat and she is just flea infested she doen't live with me and my baby but I have visited there and I come home and next thing I know I see one jump off of me...grr they are irritating I don't know what to do about them either and they multiple fast very very fast and live for 2 weeks.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Get the puppy on frontline, it's the best way to get rid of them. Fleas will jump on and bite people, but their eggs don't stick to people hair, it's a totally different texture.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008