What would u think of this?

I have friend who just met this guy he is 38 and she is 48 he seems like a nice guy but she just kicked her dh for cheating on her and this guy she is with seems to make her happy he bought them a tv and spent atleast 150.00 on ea. Of her kid(she has 3 kids) he has a child of his own (10yrs.) even though I am happy for her what are his intentions why would a guy go all out on a woman he just met? I think everything is happening to quick she never gave it time to heal from her marriage or even get a divorce. I wish her well.
I know not my problem but she is a good friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You're right, it's not your business, but you're being a good friend for caring. Maybe her marriage was over long before she ever mentioned it to you? Maybe she's been over her marriage for years? Relationship can move quickly, and it's okay. There's nothing wrong with that. In this day and age, that's what happens. No one goes slow anymore. I met my husband one week before I moved in with him. I met him online, met him in person and the next day was the night I slept over and just never left. Be happy for her, support her in her decision and her new found glory! If she falls on her butt, be there to support her, none of that, "I told you so" or "I knew that was going to happen" talk. GL
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• From the time I met my DH to the time we were married was about 4 months. We had our first child 5 months later (yes I was pregnant within the first few days of being together but thats not why we got married). It could be one of those things where they just know they are right for each other and don't feel the need to wait.
    If you're worried I would just keep an eye out. Make sure you don't talk bad about him or anything so that she doesn't pull away because of it. Then if you notice anything strange you can ask her about it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well, i didn't have any healing time after my divorce. My DH & i rushed right into things after i left my ass of an ex & we've been happily married since.

She is an adult, let her do what she wants & butt out. She'll learn from her own mistakes if she makes any.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would be sceptical, too. Of course it took me eight years of in and off dating before I ended up with my husband, but I know there are people who fall in love at first sight. I'd caution her to be careful with her feelings, but enjoy what he's doing for her and her children. You only live once so she might as well take advantage of this opportunity. He seems to want to do these things; as long as she's not asking nor stringing him along, he's a grown man who should know what he's doing. However, in fairness to him, I would advise her as a friend to discuss their intentions toward each other.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My gut reaction was - pedophile.

Why would he do ALL that if they just meet... specially spend all that on the kids... could be he is a nice guy... OR... could be he is looking for some kids to mollest

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Not your business. How do you know she didn't get over her husband while she was still married? In my case, I was already emotionally and physically removed from my ex-husband well before I filed for divorce. He didn't want to work on the marriage, just didn't want it to end. I was so unhappy and by the time I filed, I was happy and moving on with my son. I was proud of myself to be able to manage all these bills and expenses by myself. My sisters were proud of me for finally meeting with the lawyer (they saw what my son and I went through).

Point is you don't know what's in her head so you really shouldn't butt in. Your friend will just feel crappy that others aren't supporting her. If she's happy, leave her be.

rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 5:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010