My son is 13 and his 12 yr old girlfriend is asking him to have sex

I never had privacy as a child, so I try 2 give it 2 my son. Tonight I read his text messages. His girlfriend asked him 2 have sex with her. I am super upset & need advice on how 2 approach him with my concerns. I have spoken with him about the "birds & the bees". He mentioned 2 her that he would touch her vagina & she replied with she would touch his ••••! His reply was he couldn't wait 2 see her with her cloths off. She says have sex with me & you will.. He said well I love you. Even if we dont have sex.. she said oh we will.. This little girl texted me & said I just wanted 2 let you know your son had his first kiss last night & it was with me... This happened a month ago. It's taking place at the skating rink. She is a year younger but has gone out with 15 & 16 yr olds. I am not sure if I should talk to her mother because I know this will make my son mad. I want him to be able to talk to me.

Sistawolf

Asked by Sistawolf at 5:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a daughter who is almost 15. If I were you I would talk to this girls parents and unless you want a grandchild now I'd talk to your son also. I am not trying to be harsh but you need to be more involved.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Be more involved!! That is what will stop teen pregnancies!! Take your sons cell phone, no matter how much he hates you (I'd rather him hate me than get a 12 year old knocked up!) and bring and show HER parents. That's just something that wouldn't fly in my house. Also, I'd be supervising his outings for a while. I'm very strict with my kids.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Take the cell phone, talk with your son and def contact this girls parents adn show them the text message. Let him know that for the time being there will be no more unsupervised visits. He will be angry, embarressed but thats better then him being scared to death because this little girl ends up preg.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The fact that she sent a text to you to let you know she kissed your son means this girl has serious problems. I don't know exactly what I would do but I'd have a long talk with my son and show him the text she sent. I would text her back and let her know if this doesn't stop you will be talking to her parents.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• They are right. You need to get totally involved. How can we save our children? I do not know. I do not know if it will work. But that is no reason for not doing everything you can.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'd talk to her parents and be straight up with him. I'd tell him about condoms but also not give them the chance to be alone with her... Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• oh yeah....i would take his phone & show her mother. This girl is out of control & her parents need to know it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i know you want your son to have privacy, but too much privacy will get kids pregnant.
    samurai_chica

• Talk to him and let him know that you have NO CHOICE but to talk to her parents....take his cell phone away for a while and don't give him too much privacy.
    I am thinking she is no longer a virgin and your son needs to be careful (STD's and all that) not to mention becoming a daddy. I would also make it a point to mention that to him. sex makes babies, and is he ready for that?? They both need to be told that birth control is NOT 100% and unless they are ready for parenthood they should refrain from having sex.
    I would also be concerned about parents who let their 11-12 y.o. daughter date 15 and 16 y.o. boys....be forewarned her parents may be the type that just do not care....

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with justgrape723 about her parents. If she's 12 and already dates 15/16 year old boys, knows how to talk dirty, and wants to have sex, then the parents probably don't care. Little girls don't just magically turn into whores at the age of 12. Chances are that's the way her mother is. Not to be judgmental, but that's my opinion. I would still bring it up to them though and show them the txts. I think you need to sit down and have a good talk with your son.
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 7:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2010