My poor dogs got locked together... adult content

My dogs have been humping like jack rabbits. This is the female's second heat, and our male is still pretty young. We can't keep them seperated, because they have horrible seperation anxiety.

Anyways, they have been playing around with it. He'd get on top, go for a second or so and she'd run away. Or he'd go, and he'd get off and go to sleep for a few hours. We find it funny... Well, last night she locked on him. Neither one of them were expecting it. When he tried to pull away, he couldn't go anywhere. She started crying very loudly!

My question is this, if they do that again (which they haven't since that incident), will she lock on him again and start crying after when she wants to pull away?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pets

• It's my understanding that it hurts so she may cry but it happens all the time. When he goes down it will come out and she'll be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You haven't mentioned the possibility of puppies. It sounds like you might be having them. Unplanned puppies is irresponsible. You could end up with 8 or however many unwanted pups. There are too many unwanted animals now. Get the dogs fixed. Animal sex should not be used for your entertainment.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• uh oh! What have I gotten myself into!? My husband had to hold them in his arms (still locked together) for a few minutes so she would stop crying. That was the worst thing ever for me.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 6:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Excuse me, but we got them with the intention of having puppies. We're not using animal sex as entertainment, sick-o.
    Both of our dogs have papers and are a high-demand breed. Chill out!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 6:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I asked simply because I've never heard a female dog cry that way when locked together.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 6:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I am sorry I had no way of knowing from your question that these were an investment for money and not a family pet situation.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You are right. It is sick-o. I was shocked when you said you thought it was funny.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Is this her first time breeding? I hope so since you said it only her second heat. Just some advise its best to wait til 3rd or 4th heat to bread just cuz she can handle it better the older she is. It may not been so much of her hurting as her just being scared and not knowing what was going on. Also i don't know if you did this or not but when they lock turn the male around where they are facing away from each other.. don't worry it wont hurt him. this will make it more comfortable for them both actually. They will just walk around and drag each other around until they are done and unlock. She will be fine and i don't think you have anything to worry about. Sounds to me she was more scared then anything cuz you said that your husband had to hold them in his arms til she calmed down and once she did she was fine right?
    Mama2dragon1fae

Answer by Mama2dragon1fae at 6:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2010