Funky Sleeping Habits

My 13 month daughter was sick last week and had a hard time sleeping due to not being able to breath through her nose and trying to cough up flem. She wasn't really sleeping at night and then would sleep all day, well now that she's getting better she's still up really late at night and then sleeps just about all day. I'm really worried about this sleeping habit and I'm having a hard time getting her back on her normal sleeping habit. Does anyone have any tips that can help me out??? I could really use them...

Izzabellasmama

Asked by Izzabellasmama at 6:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to transition her back to sleeping at night by keeping her active during the day. Be especially involved until you get her back to normal. It might take a couple of days with long naps but you can do it! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• try and keep her up an extra hour or 2 every day until she gets back to sleeping at night. say she goes to bed at 8 am after being up all night, try and keep her up and entertained til 10, then the next day til 12 then the next day til 2, it will make her sleepier in the evening. It'll be a struggle but you'll get there just stay focused and don't slip up the routine.

I always just let me daughter do her own thing and she found her way to a schedule I can work with (in bed at 9 and up at 6-8) she is 16 months. this has been her schedule since she was about 4 months.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010