Do you think a husband ever truly gets over the other woman if he has an affair?

My husband had and affair, well they talked for a month or so and hooked up (had sex) a few times over a weekend together. they told each other they loved each other ect. He says he is done with her and she is out of his life.. I don't know if i believe that. can people really just be over someone like that? I have this feeling of what if. what if he sees her again and feelings come back. he claims their are no feelings. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that the issue is more that he told her that he loved her, I am sure that is something that he can "get over" the question is can you? He pursued a relationship with a woman and fell "in love" with her while he was still married to you, sneaking around behind your back. Can you get over that and truly trust him again? I MAY (I hope I never have to find out) be able to get over my husband cheating on me, I know that I wouldn't ever be able to get over my husband falling in love with another woman.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He said he loved her? That's worse than the sex imo. Anyway, no, since he 'loved' her I doubt he'll just get over it.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think you should have punched him in the face & left. I bet he'll cheat again. He already got away with it one time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• whether or not they get over it depends on a lot of things. Of course you have trust issues with him, you have every right to. I wouldn't take him at his word either, it would take along time and a lot of work on his part before I could. I would definitely keep my eyes open, Good luck. People can get past infidelity but it takes work, especially from the person who cheated in the first place.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, I don't think they can get over it I think they will always wonder what if?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• idk I think it would always be in the back of their mind, maybe no "what if" but he may think of it from time to time. I think his thoughts would be more on the affair than the woman unless he was seriously emotionally connected. It takes a lot (A LOT) of time to get the trust you two had again but if you are both committed then be honest with each (especially about your worries) and maybe seek some third party help to guide you on your path to healing.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I know how you feel. I am in the same spot right now. Good luck girl, I love my husband, I am just wondering if he really loves me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's hard. I think it depends on a variety of factors, including how their relationship ended. It also varies from person to person. I would like to think that they can completely get over it eventually.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:57 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• y are u still with him he is not over her at all and once a cheater always a cheater its only a matter of time before they do it again
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with anonymous..I don't buy into 'once a cheater always a cheater'..for some it's true while others do make a change for the better.OP you are going to always have these thoughts until you feel that you can trust him again..it takes time.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2010