Cereal in milk at bedtime

would u give Ur 2 in a half month old cereal in milk at bedtime? my husband has heard it is ok but i wanted to get every ones opinion on it

Heavenbrwneyez

Asked by Heavenbrwneyez at 8:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Experts suggest waiting until at least 4 months before introducing solids. If you are breastfeeding 6 months is a better time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No I would not and I did not give my kids cereal in milk at bedtime. It can be a choking hazard.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• expect to get bashing on here for this question. Some people say yes some say no. When my 8 siblings and I were little you were fed cereal at 1 week or 1 month depending on when we were born. My kids got cereal in their milk at about 2 months and they are fine. They were hungry and just plain formula/breast milk just didn't cut it for them. You can ask your childs Doctor but you will also get different opinions there as well. Old school Doc's say its okay some 'newer docs say its okay as well while some newer Docs say no way.
    Basically it comes down to being a personal choice.
    It will not harm your kids, They won't become fat adults because you do it. Only you and DH can make that choice. It depends on what works for you
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I did it around 3 months... my kids were just plain hungry!! My Doc was fine with it. Do what feels right for you and yours - that's the bottom line!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• thank you !! i havent done it cause i am scared she will choke !! but i wanted to ask everyone ! my daughters doctor said to go for it ! but it is our choice but just wanted to know what every one thought
    Heavenbrwneyez

Comment by Heavenbrwneyez (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I gave it to my daughter at 1 month per docs instructions. She weighed 9.8 when she was born and he said the formula just wasn't enough for her. She acted like she was starving. Of course we started with just a little and worked up to make sure she tolerated it. She started sleeping 6 hours at night so I believe she was really just hungry.
    nealracin

Answer by nealracin at 8:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My daughter weighed over 9lbs when she was born 32 yrs ago. Formula was not enough for her by the time she was 1 month old, & she let me know it! The pediatrician told me this would be the case, & he was right. so I introduced rice cereal to her with her bottle. She tolerated it just fine & slept much better afterwards. The pediatrician did say that because rice can be constipating, I could mix a tsp of strained prunes in with her cereal, if I noticed she was having problems with a bowel movement. I'd try introducing small amounts to your baby & see how she does with that. They have to earn how to swallow solids, so you want to give them small bites until they catch on.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• OOps! earn=learn
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I absolutely would not do it nor would I recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Personally, no I wouldn't. My dd had colic so it was suggested to me as well to help her sleep and keep her satisfied longer. I just think 2 1/2 months is too young.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010