Why are you a SAHM?

And then complain that you want the kids to go back to school already from Christmas break? Shame on all of you! That should be the reason why you are a SAHM to be blessed with having your kids around ALL the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a SAHM because I can be. My husband makes more than enough for me to stay home.
    My work is taking care of our babies, and our house. All the household, and mommy duties!

I love having my babies with me, and I'm blessed to be able to stay home!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Have you ever been a SAHM? It is hard adjusting from breaks, one minute you have them the next you don't. Same reason anyone gripes about their regular job. When all of a sudden they have more to do they are overloaded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hubby and I are both stay at home parents. We stay home so we can be here for our kids when they need us. When they get off the bus so they don't have to go to someone elses house. So they don't have to go to after school care. If they get sick at home we don't have to worry about losing our job to go get them and bring them to the doctor. When they are sick we are able to be home with them and not have to worry about calling a boss in the morning telling them we can't come in. We are stay at home parents for those reasons. When holidays come around and our kids NAG us and do everything in their power to annoy us 24/7, that's when we want school to start back up. Nothing wrong with that, so shame on you for making horrible assumptions about other people.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm not complaining that I want them to go back to school (b/c I totally enjoy having them here)....BUT a day would be nice so I can thoroughly clean my house and get the Christmas decorations down with out a troop of neighborhood kids running in and out. My husband is terminally ill, so I really have no help and have to take care of him too. He works from home, makes good money so I can stay home....but is weak most of the time. I think those that work wouldn't be able to sufficiently complete their job if they had to take their children to work with them. I think calling "shame on" the SAHM's who are ready for their kids to go back is wrong, you never know when someone has a unique situation and simply needs a break.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sometimes I wish I could be a SAHM. But I can't. Not unless we win the jackpot. lol
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes, I have been a SAHM and I would love to be once again but that's just not in the cards for us. My husband has major backaches and has had surgery and I don't know how much longer he can be working so I will need to be the bread winner if that's the case. I loved being home and wanted to be with my children all the time. Although I do have to say if they were all in school I would see no reason to be just sitting at home I would work or volunteer somewhere
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ATHOMEMOMMY I was eith you until this statemnet you made you almost would of gotten best answer..... Nothing wrong with that, so shame on you for making horrible assumptions about other people.

the other anon I was with you also until this statement ffrom you... I think calling "shame on" the SAHM's who are ready for their kids to go back is wrong, you never know when someone has a unique situation and simply needs a break.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I love being a SAHM but... Shame on me I guess as I will happy when we can go back to our regular routine. Why should I be ashamed of myself for wanting that?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i am a sahm mom and i want him to go back to school because im tired of him asking when he can go back.. every mornigh its" mommy is it school day?" and when i say no hes very upset... hes just 4.5
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Trolling so early in the morning are we? Sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and should probably keep your judgements to yourself.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010