Husband Snoops into wife's email account could face prison terms... This is on Good Morning America this morning

What do you think about this ? Would this make you stop and think next time you suspect your spouse might be cheating.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/email-snooping-wife-brings-michigan-man-felony-computer/story?id=12488956

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's rediculous and agree: She's just pissed she got caught.
    My husband can acsess my eMail account. The only time I worry about that is when I want to order something for his birthday or christmas. The surprise could be spoiled.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He didn't hack her account. He used the password that she left accessible. Why does she think they say NOT to leave your passwords out where people can get them?
    IMO she's just pissed that she got caught and is grasping at straws here. I hope he gets off scott free.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think married or not, you still have your personal privacy. Just because they were married does not allow him to look at her email.
    I believe that if you have a good relationship, then something at small as an email account should be open if there's nothing to hide. Both my husband and I know each others passwords to all accounts...just because we do. Not to check on each other, or for whatever reason.
    I think the fact that AFTER she filed for DIVORCE that he was in her email is ridiculous. But if she were *smart* she would have changed her passwords and/or not left them laying around in a book next to the computer!
    Obviously "hacking" is illegal. To me it's "hacking" if he got in her email any other way than just finding it in the book next to the comp.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My husband can acsess my eMail account. The only time I worry about that is when I want to order something for his birthday or christmas. The surprise could be spoiled.

I can't tell you how many times my hubby has forgotten to tell me not to look into our bank account because he bought something for me and whoops, I saw it before the holiday lol
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The original article anyway said he caught her THEN she filed for divorce.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• To me it's "hacking" if he got in her email any other way than just finding it in the book next to the comp.
    ________________

Agreed!!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• For us we have nothing to hide we have 1 account and we can read each others stuff I do have to say she shouldn't of left the book there then if she didn't want to be caught
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think this is crazy. Lol. Hubby has his email account and I have mine. They are ours, we have eachother´s passwords to everything and have never felt the need to go scooping. When I think something may be going on I ask him to open his email and we read it together. There should be a line. Though we are a couple we do each have our privacy. Both of our cell phones have passwords and we don´tknow the other´s password, and that is fine, great we never answer eachother´s phones and it works out great. We need to learn to respect our partner´s privady.. IMO.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i think it has to do with privacy i myself and my man have our own email address but we know each others password but he had no right after they are getting a divorce to go threw her stuff there are ways the law can get into your email address legally what he did was very illegal and he should face the consequences
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Good for her. She filed for divorce then he went snooping. It's none of his business what is in her emails if they are divorcing. My divorce attorney told me as soon as the papers were filed I was free to live as a single woman, dating and doing anything a single woman would want to do. She did that and he invaded her privacy. Shame on him. Not sure it's worth five years in prison but if that's what the law says he should get then so be it. Lesson learned. Respect privacy.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010