What's gong on?!

dd's sleep is SO off!!!! It's a very recent development..she's staying up until midnight and sometimes later and then sleeping until 11 in the afternoon..of course I stay up with her to make sure she doesn't kill herself lol..but it's taking it's toll. I'm exhausted during the day..I've tried getting her up earlier and she doesn't nap..how do I get her to start sleeping at a decent hour again? We're trying to get her out of our bed, so the past two nights she's been on her couch in our floor, I know this isn't the cause being that she was doing it for a week or so before we started this..help!!

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 9:11 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• start by putting her to bed at 10 pm let her naturally wake in the am do it for a week and then at 930 for a week and then 9 for a week-- I wouldnt go earlier then 8pm and I wouldnt try radical move (like tonight your in at 8) I think that will cause you chaos...when she gets out of her bed calm but firmly put her back in her own bed even if you do it 20 times just do it...and tell her she can stay awake in her bed if she's like but its lights out and in the bed until morning time be firm but respectful
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't even have any suggestions. Good luck. I guess I agree with teh first girl, start moving it back every 15 minutes, actually is what I would do. 15 minutes every few days to get back on track. I would just be dragging her out of bed at 7 or 8 a.m. and get her back on track. IDK
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010