When you're stressed and sex is not appealing, how do you get in the mood? adult content

I've been really stressed lately to the point where nothing my husband tries turns me on. It's not him! He's doing everything right. My body just refuses to get into it. I'll be 32 in a couple of months so I'm by no means suffering from an age issue.
What are some things that may help with this until my stress level comes down? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(No, I am not denying him but he feels guilty because I'm not enjoying it and he does not want me to fake it....that is a lie and grounds for divorce to him.)

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 9:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• When your body is stressed, it produces cortisol. The production of cortisol uses up the body's reserves of acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter necessary for the maintenance of the myelin sheaths of nerves. Poorly functioning nerves can result in a drop in sexual response. Increasing dietary intake of choline and inositol (building blocks of acetylcholine and serotonin) through food sources can have a significant positive effect over the course of four to six weeks of consistent increased intake. As cooking will destroy choline and inositol, citrus fruits are an excellent source, as are raisins and unroasted nuts like walnuts and pecans. Coffee also destroys choline and inositol, so coffee should not be drunk within a few hours of ingesting a food source of choline and inositol. Exercise will speed the breakdown of cortisol back into acetylcholine, so getting 30 minutes of cardio a day will help as well.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• LOL, khf22, I was trying to figure out what your "snap" was! :-)
    OP, just try to relax and let go of your stress for a time...maybe a nice calming bath or a glass of wine if you drink. Exercise is good too, helps keep your body healthy and can increase your sex drive. Otherwise, just accept that you may be going through a "dry spell" and that things will return to normal soon. Good luck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hahahaha
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Idk, when I'm not in the mood, dh puts my snap into the mood. GL, Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He's trying, believe me, he's trying everything and I just feel like crap because I know it should be working and also because it makes him feel bad.
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• me* not my lol
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If he can get me to laugh then it's on!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If stress is an issue ask him for a back rub....in the nude. It makes you relax and get close and physical without jumping into the doin' it part. Its all about easing into it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I just do it and get it over with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010