excess?

My 10 yo dd has a problem with excess sebum on her scalp that acturally leaves a crusty matter at times and gets irritated. She also has started w/lots of pimples, esp. on the forehead area. Does anyones child have this? What have you found for shampoo and medicine that works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• oh i just answered on your other post!! :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• go to webmd.

Answer by louise2 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• T-Gel is the best shampoo. Also go to a dermatologist.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• T-Gel it seems like it cures everything I used it for my son when he had cradle cap and it resolved his problem. It's worth trying
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• sea breeze on the scalp works wonders...
    mundellb1

Answer by mundellb1 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes, we have gone to 2 dermetologist. They have taken cultures and are puzzled, One said We've used t-gel, it works alittle but the breakouts 3-4 x's a yra still happen. We've had prescribed steroid medicine which I don't think is so good for a child, but it didn't work anyway. I just thought someone on cafemom might have dealt w/this. Wonder if it's an internal thing. Started at 5 yrs old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• SOunds like psoriasis on the scalp. I have the very same thing and have had it since I was a teenager. Neutrogena T-Gel is the BEST. Just like the other moms said. It stinks, but it does work. Literally eradicates the symptoms. For the face, use seabreeze astringent and you can try things like Proactive or whatnot, but its cheaper, if you have private insurace, to go to the dermatologist. Sounds like she needs to go anyway to get proper diagnosis. They usually start the skin out on a peroxide based cream. Works better than over the counter stuff.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Wait, I just saw where you responded.....The t gel didn't fix the scalp thing? Try Nizoral too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008