excess?

My 10 yo dd has a problem with excess sebum on her scalp that acturally leaves a crusty matter at times and gets irritated. She also has started w/lots of pimples, esp. on the forehead area. Does anyones child have this? What have you found for shampoo and medicine that works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• T gel shampoo...or even head and shoulders should help.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• have her sit down and take some oil and a toothbush and go through her scalp, wash it out thoroughly afterwards. Expiriment with Tea-Tree (dark green bottle) and Head and Shoulders with conditioner... as far as the acne goes, crushed tomatoes and cucumbers mixed together and sit on the face for two hours every night for up to 2 weeks, as soon as the acne is gone, she shouldn't have another problem with it........ever
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 4:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Have you talked to the Dr about scalp? Use T-Gel by neutrogena it is good but scalp can have psoriasis which has different treatment for,scrubbing iff os bad in that case..acne on forehead..use whitch hazel to clean cheap and an old reliable(I never had a pimple and my g-ma taught me the witch hazel) Also acne make sure to clean face every AM and Pm not with just acne soap etc..they can dry out skin and make worse...Noxema has a gool line of products to clean face area too...
    HarleyGalShay

Answer by HarleyGalShay at 8:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Try some t-gel on her hair and my dds use neutrogena daily facial scrub and it really helps!! Hope this helps.
    momto3_1004

Answer by momto3_1004 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Could be the shampoo, my stepson had a crusty cradle cap thing going on with his head. We switched shampoos, used a baby Cradle cap thing from Walmart (had winnie the pooh on it) for about 4 or 5 days (it soaked on his head while he played in the tub, then we'd shampoo well), and we are extra careful about rinsing his hair really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2008