Bathtime

My 3 month old hates the bathtub. I have tried the sink, the baby bath tub, and the big tub. Every method I use she screams the second the water hits her. My mother and mother in law can bath her no hassle but I think its because when they do it they wash her so gentley that she doesnt get clean! She still smells dirty, has stuff on her neck, etc. I know Im not hurting her so how can I give a bath without the screaming?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby likes the baby really warm... warmer than I would have thought to make it for a baby. Try making the bath warmer... but not so much it burns, and see if she likes it more. I think some babys just don't like bath time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Try distracting her. Play music, make silly faces, etc.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• make bathtime fun, she can tell if your stressed and it will upset her.
    Anonymous

• I enjoyed filling the tub up and climbing in with each of my children when they were babies. I loved it. I could play with them as if they were cars and trains, etc. Have fun.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008