Life in general....what do you think?

I know Im complaining here..but this just stinks! I know I should be thankful that we have jobs, and blah, blah blah! BUT...here is my issue...why is it that when whenever you take a step forward..it seems like you take a thousand steps back? We found out yesterday that my husband is getting a raise. He has not gotten even a 1 cent raise in 3 years! Then today we find out our insurance premiums for a family are going up from $57 to $105 per week! Well there goes that raise! Grrrr...just irritated right now. Even though it may not seem like it, I am thankful he has a job but it just seems like im being robbed. I have the same health coverage that I had last year, but it's $40 more this year! Anyone else feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I understand what you mean. Just try to be thankful that the raise he got will help offset the rising cost of your insurance premiums. It would suck even worse without the raise!
    I sympathize though, OP...I feel like every time I reduce the cost of A, the price of B goes up. 'Tis life, I suppose.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yup...just got the benefits book for our insurance and they double the deductables raised the copays and added a bunch of red tape that wasnt there before...I've always hated my husbands insurance ( its a union fund not really an insurance) They never want to pay for anything and now they get to pay for even less.... oh and I'm not sure exactly what his premium is a week because its a percentage of his pay but I know it comes out to about 24,000 a year....yup thats right its over 300 a week!.....and they still wont pay! and we cant opt out either because its a package pay and thats included whether we want it or not....gotta love unions.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Absolutely! "Raises" are ridiculous, not even enough to cover cost of living increases. On top of that, the state wants to take away police pensions and our insurance premiums go up over 10% every year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I am sorry finkette. That does stink..your making me feel better...lol..sorry! I just think that every time you take a step forward..it's a thousand steps back. No wonder people cant afford to live these days...we both have good jobs, and we struggle! ugh!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I know how you feel. My husband also got a raise this year (first time in 3 years as well) and now they are cutting out a few hours each week and are considering furloughs. Our insurance did go down but no one accepts the new insurance and we have to pay more out of pocket at the time of the visit. But, we are lucky. They were wanting to cut 19 positions and the Major of the Sheriff's Department said "HELL NO", to that idea.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:54 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Ugh I'm so sorry! I hate that feeling. Have you looked into a high deductible health insurance? That might save you some money.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I kid you not, every single year my husband gets a small raise, and every single year our insurance premiums go up the exact same amount as the raise he got. I totally feel your pain and this has been going on for 15 years.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Time to find new health coverge.
    It never evens out it seems .. the good with the bad. It's always something. We know how you feel.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yay for the raise! I agree though, maybe you should look for a different health coverage plan. Way your options. We looked around about a year and a half ago, we found a plan that has better coverage and was less than what we we're paying. GL!

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 10:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Prices keep rising, but our salaries are stagment if not dropping.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010