How to keep busy while on school break?

Bored to death at home all day. I'm a full time college student with a 4 yr old. I have a month off from school. I need some new ideas for things to do with him. New games? Any new tv shows on? educational websites? Anything that we can do together? I just cant take anymore spongebob and matching games :)

Collegemommy910

Asked by Collegemommy910 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• When home with my 4 year old, I like to bake together, make cookie-cutter cookies or biscuits (he's actually getting quite good at it!), we made a gingerbread house and advent boxes this Christmas season. When we want to get out of the house, I prefer free stuff like library story times, free museum days, and playdates in the park.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 1:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Check your local library to see if they are offering story and/or movie times there...ours is. While you're there, check out a dozen books for you and your child to read together!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Library is good ......do you have a Childrens museum you could go to, look up things to make for gifts for next years Christmas at Familyfun Moshi Monsters, Webkinz has some fun things to do
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i am right there with ya. i went to a story time and we made a cake together. she is only 20months but she enjoys playing with her blocks and i got her playdoe. but ofcourse library is helpful or even take him to the supermarket and pick out something for him to make for dinner. even the book store is fun place too.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• start him on other games targeted at his age level, 3-4. Go to a teachers supply store and you can get preschool workbooks that will give you tons of things to do with him. You have a fantastic opportunity to start preparing him for preschool or pre k now so take advantage of this special time off. horsegal2760@gmail.com if you want more ideas.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Some cities' community centers have special activities for kids, and/or Mommy & Me activities. Check with yours to see if they have anything available that would interest you and your son.

Ditto the Library suggestions. Always a winner. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Read books, do crafts, see if there are any places you can go together.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010