Are freckles a sign of skin damage??

This past summer I fell asleep at the beach (yeah... I'ma dumbass) and I got sunburnt really bad! Now where the burns were I have tons and tons of freckles I didn't have before. My hubby loves them, he thinks they're cute, but they worry me.... Think they might be skin damage?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 12:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• If it's something thats abnormal for you it could be a sign of damage. I have red hair and pale skin and always had freckles, but when I was 17 I had one that was larger and slightly raised which turned out to be "pre-cancerous". So if you have doubts you should see a doctor since the earlier you catch it the better.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Potentially could be dangerous down the road. They usually show up as a warning that your skin is fair and needs to be protected. Think of it like this, if your freckles start popping out, you need protection. You should apply sunscreen to your skin at all times, but this area, will be more prone to damage. I never freckled... but I started tanning in the booth when I was about 20. I loved it because I never could get a tan simply from the sun. So, I tanned off and on ever since. I am 44 now and can see the damage especially to my chest area, around the collar bone to the breast line. I have to apply makeup to cover up the spots. It's kind of embarrasing, but at least I always covered my face. Do it now, so your don't regret it later...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I sure hope not....i have frekles everywhere (shoulders,arms,legs) im not covered in them lol but thier here n there....my whole family has them (dad always called them my "Angel Kisses")...If your worried maybe you should see a Doctor....
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008