what should i do to increase my milk supply?

sanayababy

Asked by sanayababy at 9:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• /www.kellymom.com/ This is a great site for info and same with the BF group on here. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Nurse. Nurse. Nurse! :o) Or if you're not near the baby pump as often as possible.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I know that there are supplements you can take to increase your supply, however, I just pumped more often or in between feedings. When my daughter was first born I pumped every 2 hour and I had a LOT of milk but I know everyone is different.
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 10:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• As others say the more you nurse/pump the more you will produce... but you also NEED to take care of your own nutritional needs as well!!! You can't produce something you don't have the raw materials for!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• feed on demand. eating oatmeal helps too!
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Drink LOTS of fluids and eat good foods. I noticed when I nursed with all three of my babies that if I didn't take care of myself and what I was eating I would have as much milk. I've also heard that beer increases your milk supply but have never tried it - I think it has something to do with the barley.

Good luck!

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 10:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Nurse nurse nurse. You gut be making a lot of milk and not realize it. Please join one of the breast feeding groups here to get support from other champion breast feeders.

La Leche League is a great resource too.

Kellymom.com is awesome
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• drink more water

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010