can bably blues go away and come back or am i getting ppd now

I just feel like I want to cry a lot these days. i had my baby two months ago and i was crying a lot then and my family and friends didn't make it easier on me. now i am feeling that way again..like i'm disappointed, hurt and upset with everyone but my husband. he has been vvery supportive but my family and friends just turned their back on me. is this really why i'm hurt or am i getting ppd now? help

nora17

Asked by nora17 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your hormones are still on a roller coaster for several months after the birth. It could well be post partum depression. Talk to your provider about it. Hang in there mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's possible it's PPD. As riotgrrl says, your hormones are taking you on a roller coaster ride from hell right now. It may even out as your body re-regulates or it may not. Talk to doctor about it. If your OB brushes you off, either push for help or go see your regular doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Are you nursing or bottle feeding? I ask because hormones play a lot into PPD and the such. Women who are nursing make a hormone that helps fight PPD/Baby blues (it doesn't rule it out completely, of course) but they also have strong hormonal fluctuations while breastfeeding, too.

Also, when you aren't breastfeeding, your period will return normally (usually), and you get those hormones as well.

If you really feel overwhelmed, talk to your doctor. They understand PPD and BabyBlues, and can help you find the right treatment. Don't worry, everything you've said they have heard before, and it's not going to affect you or your baby by talking to your dr.
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 1:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i'm not bf-ing..i tried in the beginning and just didn't work fo rme cuz i had a c-section and was on medication...still am off and on since i still am getting horrible back pain. Almost feels like back labor. I was fine for a few weeks and now i am feeling down again. i did get my period last sunday and i still have it..it has been over 10 days now....
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Have you tried to talk to your Ob/Gyn about your symptoms? I felt like that too for the first 8 months after I had my daughter. Basically, you just had your baby so your body is still off the wall right now. Have you tried to talk to your husband about it?? If you dont want to be medicated for the problem, you could try to meditate, exercise, what helped me sometimes would literally to cry it out, and take a hot shower and eat something. I felt better after that. It could be a mixture of things that are bothering you. Its better to talk to someone about it. BTW-sometimes family and friends could be bigger problems then help. Try not to let people worry you! Just remember that you have a little life that needs you more then anything! PM me if you wanna talk!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• thank u ladies...i am going to try to just cry and talk it out. i don't really want to go on medication but i hate feeling this way. feeling of disappointment and worse when the people around me doesn't understand and say you're looking into it too much when it's really not under my control
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008