How can I stay up later so I can have some 'alone time' with hubby?

I am sooo tired all the time. I get up at 4am when his alarm goes off and cant go back to sleep. I have full time college classes all day till 4 then pick up our 4yr old. Dinner, dishes, homework, playtime and bath for little guy. I am usually in bed by 9. Hubby usually stays up a couple hours later or will lay with me for awhile then get up again. I feel bad because I love our sex life but I cant stay up till 11pm and get up at 4am. Any way to fix my sleep sched? or get him to go to bed earlier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh man, sounds like my life - school. I totally force myself at least 2 times a week to stay up later to watch a movie, eat some popcorn and cuddle on the couch. We need that alone time. We have sex a lot more than that though... when you get up at 4... have a quicky in the shower ;) just throw sex in at random times and times during the day. Or some night ask him to come to bed a little earlier. :) Good Luck!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Most men would go to bed early if they thought they were getting a little for their efforts. Try talking to him about it... I'm sure he'll be willing to!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• What about throwing supper in a crockpot in the mornings so it's ready when you get home? Eat on paper plates, so there's less cleanup. Find ways to have the things you do take less time. It may not be ideal, but I think sex is a very important part of a relationship. School won't last forever! Hopefully your relationship will!

Answer by missanc at 10:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• What about weekends? Aren't you on school break now? There are always times you can make "we" time happen

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Tell him if he wants some he'd better be in bed by 9!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010