no contractions

I'm 9 months (37 weeks) and ive had no contractions, i havent even started dialatin. is there a chance i might get induced?

raven_n_spirit

Asked by raven_n_spirit at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• there is always that chance you could get induced. I had no contractions what so ever up untill i went into labor at 40wks. Be patient your body will go into labor when its ready and your due date is just a estimated guess. you can go into labor any where from 38wks to 42weeks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• A lot of women don't have any contractions until they are in active labor. I didn't have any contractions at all until I was in labor for 2 out of my 3 pregnancies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes there is always a chance, I got to 40 wks without feeling any so I was induced.
    Anonymous

• 9 months and 37 weeks really aren't the same thing. You aren't due until around 40 weeks... if this is your first your chances of going a little overdue are higher and normal. I would guess that you are fine and if you want to be induced then your doctor will do that. I wouldn't, but that is me.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i hate how all the books say its so normal for braxton hicks and its like theyre saying ur not normal if u havent had any. i havent had any and if i dont until im 40 weeks i will be happy
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• There's always that possibility, but things could also start going with a bang at anytime. My water broke and my contractions started right after that, as well as the dilating. I still ended up having the Pitocin to speed things along because I wasn't progressing, so it's quite possible that you'll have both!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008