Where can I buy Manishewitz wine?

I am new to wine but I know I want something sweet and something not too expensive. Is it sold at the liquor store or at the grocery store?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 10:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Grocery store.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• both
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 10:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I live in Kansas, and the only thing you can get in the store is 3.2 beer. So- Liquor store, in these parts.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Grocery store or liquor store.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Usually in the international or cultural aisle in grocery store.  Sometimes, if your grocery store sells liquor, with the other wines.  If you have a wine store(there are a few around us), try them.

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That is the most sickenly syrupy sweet wine you could possibly buy. Does it have to be a kosher wine or will any sweet wine do? If any sweet wine will do, consider getting a flavored wine like Arbor Mist. They're sweet, but not too sweet, and you can get a variety of flavors to try.

For purchasing, it will depend on what state you live in, as some let anybody sell alcohol, while others don't. In my state, PA, you must buy wine from a state-owned Wine & Spirits store or, for kosher wines, you can buy them from a place like Pinsker's, which is a Jewish bookstore, but they carry all things Jewish. The state has recently started letting certain grocery stores install wine kiosks, but they don't carry the Manishewitz brand.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• There are much better kosher wines, and much better sweet wines.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Depends on where you live, it could be sold at one or the other or both. Phone the store and ask, it will save you a trip.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Id call & Ask.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2010