Opinions about a girls middle name

I want my daughters middle name to sound like REE ANN, but I dont want to spell it like that. I need opinions about different spellings. Heres a few of my ideas but Im open to others. Theres Riann, or Rihann, or Rhian, Rihanne. I want to know how you guys read them, tell me what they sound like to you.

I dont know how to respond to these questions so Ill thank everyone ahead of time for your answers. : )

littleblackrose

Asked by littleblackrose at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i guess either Riann or Rihann sound like that to me...
    Anonymous

• I read several of them as Ryan and the others as RE- HAN. I dont think you want to do that because teachers in school will pronounce what they see and how annoying for your girl would that be!? I would just spell it like it sounds, or do Reyan so it would at least be pronounced close to the intended.
    ps if you dont know how to answer its great to say thank you ahead of time. Most people dont come back to see if you thanked them anyway. I think I will start doing that.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would spell it like the first syllable of Rhiannon, so Rhiann gets my vote. I would bet that a lot of people are going to pronouce it Ryan no matter how you spell it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Riann, Rianne, and Rihanne all read like Ree Ann to me. Of those, I like the "anne" spelling the best.
    Rihann looks like RI hann to me.
    Rhian looks like Ryan.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Ria'Anne ....Rih'Anne.....Rih'ann...try a apostrphie it helps my daughter has one her name is Cay'lin

Anonymous

• None of those spellings say REE ann to me. They say Rye-anne or Ryan
    I would spell it Reanne or Rheanne
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think all those spellings sound like Ryan. Reeayn maybe?
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I forgot to add that her daddys middle name is Rion, and I wanted to keep it close to that. So if the name looks like Ryan, or Rion its ok, Ive had to correct people my whole life about how to pronounce my name.
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 1:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with AmiJanell... Spell with an E instead of I...
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008