How do you choose your friends? I know you just find them, but I mean do you become friends with everyone you meet??

Do you choose them because they have money, are very successful, do for you.

I am not the type not to talk to someone because they don't have money, they look diffrent from me, but I am actually learning some you can't keep in your front row.... Some need to be long distant friends-the ones that don't have interest in bettering them selves or don't realize there is a better way.

They have to be kind, loving, caring, and most of all trusted, because like in any relationship, if I can't trust you, I can't welcome you into my home nor into my life.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My friends are initially people that I "clicked" with. It doesn't matter if they have money or not, but that we have a great connection. After that, they stay friends because of mutual respect and a bond we create. If they try to "use" me, or do other things that show they don't respect me or our relationship, of course the relationship changes, and may end.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I dont know that I ever looked at someone and "choose" them to be my friend.

All my friendships developed over time with the two of us having some common interest /life style/ sport/ etc. that brought us together..... then after talking time and time again a friendship developed.

I do agree there are all sorts of levels of friendship... but that is obvious.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't say I choose my friends, it just kind of happens. I have friends in a wide spectrum, and consciously or subconsciously, we give something to each other we need. I have a friend for years who is AMAZING. She's much older than I, but we talk like school kids and we're there for each other in a heartbeat, no questions asked. I also have had a friend my age that has been there for me since 5th grade, we're like sisters. Sometimes we don't talk for awhile, but it's all good, we know we're there for each other.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010