Need? Or Not? adult content

"Men need to see us look our best, nice hair, nails, etc."

Do you agree that this is an actual need? Or is it just a serious load of horse pucky?

What would happen if men didn't see us "look our best"? Would they shrivel up and die? What would happen, Heaven forfend, if we actually dared to spend that salon money on say, a college education? Or put it into the bank to save for retirement? Or did literally anything else with it that has actual real-world value?

What if we actually dared to just be who we are without all the frippery and paint and foolishness? Would men's brains start to melt? Would they finally build an intergalactic space vessel just so they could get to Planet Stepford?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I only look my BEST once in a blue moon. My husband is happy with the way I am. ;) VERY happy!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I know they want us to look our best but sometimes I JUST DONT FEEL LIKE IT.. but.... I do feel better when i dress up and have hair and makeup done.. so... i dunno maybe there is some kind of sense to their madness :)
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, they wouldn't melt, they'd just go find the 20 year old down the street that did put their money into hot clothes, makeup and hair. :) I know, I know, broad sweeping statement. I don't put any money into that stuff, and maybe I should put a little. I still have the same clothes I've had for YEARS.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I "want" (not a physical need) to see my husband look his best. I wouldnt want him to go unshaven, unshowered, unkempt to prove some stupid point. Yes I would love him but why would I ever want a man who doesnt care enough about him self to look his best??? That shows a lack of self respect and that is so not attractive.

so i think it goes both ways....

Why would any man want a woman who doesnt take care of herself.  That doenst mean she has to paint her nails, and wear make up... but really what kind of man would want an unkept woman????  I think it is comon sense to look your best... it shows that you have pride in yourself.  It doenst mean you have to spend $200 at a solon but please take care of your hair ... keep in clean, looking nice.. and like you care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Serious load of horse pucky.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My husband loves how I look when I wake up in the morning. He prefers me in sweat pants, t-shrits and my hair pulled back and no make up. :) I'm fine with that. When we go out to a family get-together or something like that I dress up and do my hair and make-up. He loves me just the way I am, and I love that about him.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I find this question very odd. Im wondering if some man insulted you and that is why you are so angry... because some of your logic doesnt flow.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I like to look my best for me not just hubby!

Answer by older at 11:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my hubby looks great all the time. I hate stinky men, unshaven, dirty cloths YUCK

I do my hair and makeup everyday, I like to look nice.

"You look good you will feel good"
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• As spouses we see each other at our worsts, it's part of living together. He doesn't want to see me at my best all of the time, because if that's the case I am hiding my true self from him. Who is at their best when times are tough? But, why would I not want to be clean and well kept for my husband? He doesn't like me in a lot of makeup, which is good because I don't wear it most days. But showering, wearing clean clothes and not living in sweats and pjs is not asking too much. I prefer it when my husband shaves and showers, why would I not expect to do the same for him?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2010