What am I doing wrong?

So I clean, clean, clean! and my house is still messy! What am I doing wrong? I have 4 kids but I have seen other people with more whose houses are clean. Anyone else been through this but figured it out? Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• My mother had one of those houses, but only accomplished it by not letting us do anything. Seriously....who puts a 5 year old in white gloves and tells them not to get them dirty? Houses should be lived in and enjoyed and not museums. Just do your best. The more organized you are the easier it is to keep clean.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Do your kids help out? If not then that would really help. By age 2 they should at least be able to put a few toys away. Its not fair for you to do it yourself so get them involved :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Thanks for the advice. I've been thinking about it and I am starting to realize that even though they are helping to get it clean, they are not keeping it clean. I guess that's a whole different question.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster, as long as your house isn't crawling with rodents and filth, a little clutter and day to day wear is only going to make your house look lived in. Its literally fighting a losing battle...fight the good fight...but accept that you're probably not going to come out on top again til your kids are out of the house...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well, I'm a SAHM so, we have schedualed times that we clean up. Before moving onto a new activity or, into a different room, my boys help clean up their messes. I keep nice looking baskets in each room, for quick and easy clean up.
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 10:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You might want to look up www.Flylady.com its also on yahoo groups its a really good site. there is also a group on here that is really good and organize sometimes you can clean together. very good group and you get so motivated to clean especially when your not wanting to. try the system it works. www.cafemom.com/group/CEOs
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008