cleaning

Any of you catch yourself watching the show Hoarding Buried Alive to get motivated to clean? I am trying to get our bags ready for vacation. My house is a mess from Christmas gatherings. I watched one episode of that and it helped me get in the cleanong mode. I know there are really cases like this and I think it's sad. It does help me clean from time to time though.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes!! I feel for those people, they really need more than just cleaning help, it is so obviously other issues in their life and the hoarding is as a result. But my office was becoming a super mess, we were just starting to put stuff in there that we didn't have another place for, and I watched an episode and thought - you know, I need to tackle that office, especially after my husband said I have "hoarding tendancies". Great!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• sweepingIt reminds me of my grandparent's house. It was always so nasty and I never wanted to be there. I can only thank my lucky stars that I didn't grow up in it. And, yes, it does motivate me to clean.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Extreme hoarding is a manifestation of mental illness- Treatment is needed to get those behaviors in check-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• nope but it does make me thankful
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• When I watch that show it reminds me of how I grew up .My dad and mom refused to throw anything away. I hated it! I wanted my friends to come over but I wouldn't invite them cause of my parents. I vowed to be the opposite! I hate clutter!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My grandmothers house looks like that and it makes me crazy. I hate visiting because I don't want my kids to be there. I try my hardest to keep the clutter away but around the holidays all of the boxes and stuff toys come in becomes overwhelming!

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 11:11 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Ive used the show how clean is your house as motivation, that one really gets me in the mood to clean my house top to bottom. And to get rid of everything I can.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have purged lots of stuff since first watching the Hoarding show!!! Less is more. Less also costs less! Plus it's easier to clean and pick up, etc.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That is what my house would look like if dh lived here alone.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2010