Hysterectomy I might have to get one............

Have not seen a Doctor yet but I do have one at home, lol my hubby. I asked him to check me and he felt a very large fibroid, I new I had a small one, but was told not to worry. Well lately my stomach has been looking like I was pregnant and I thought something is wrong? so I made him check. Today we are making a appointment.
Who has had a hysterectomy and how long was the recovery? And can do a tummy tack at the same time? LOL

gammie

Asked by gammie at 11:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• I have had one due to fibroids and I wouldn't think you could do a tummy tuck at the same time recover was several months
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My partner's mom had one just last year. It was done in two parts (two surgeries about 2 months apart). The first one she was up and moving around in two days (she is tough and stubborn) the second one had her in bed for almost a week. But with both she refused pain meds and just dealt with it by drinking lots of water. She hardly complained and was back to work within a week of her first surgery and within two weeks of her second. She went through menopause afterward which is different for every woman.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had a hysterectomy due to fibroids.  I was in hospital for 3 days and my recovery time was 6 weeks but you really need to watch how much strain you put on your abdomen for about one year.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had a hysterectomy myself.Because I was having 2 periods a month.It was not to long a recovery for me.In fact I felt much better after mine.But,now the hot flashes are hard to deal with.And we do not for get night sweats too.Other then that i feel preety good.
    wildrose68

Answer by wildrose68 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had one see 2004!best thing i ever did.I was told i had 6 tennis ball sized fibriods,and my doctor told me i had the largest uterus she had ever seen.Now they use robots to do hystorectomys here.I was glad my surgeon did mine.It was supposed to take 2 hours,mine took 5 hours.All the meds they put you on after really messed me up so i stopped all,no estrogen,no testosterone.I take plenty of vitamins and calcium,and balance out with yeah pre natal vitamins.My brother 64 takes them too.He swears by them.I have had some minor hair loss due to no estrogen.But it grows back.I also had a bladder lift ,love it love it.I can jump on trampoline again if i so desire and can sneeze and cough with no mini pads on!!Bladder surgery is only supposed to last for one year.Mine hase lasted over 6 years now and doing great.Had it checked not long ago urologist said all was fine.Good luck don't worry it will be better after !!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I know some people who have had it done and recovery was Ok for them.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010