what is the point?

I am not "ragging" on her... and I am very happy for her... but I just do not see the point ...

My cousin has been with the same guy since 1996 they have not been on again or off again but just completely together ( since jr high ) ... they have a house, they have 4 kids.... but they just now got engaged !

I just dont understand why people do that ... and it is NOT because she didnt want to get married or because marriage is not an important thing , because she has wanted to get married and has been talking about it for years....

at this point isnt it just a piece of paper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That little piece of paper protects your legal rights, and even more so if kids are involved.

Answer by older at 11:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Its like closingthe barn door after the horse gets out. I agree with you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I dont think she has really thought of the legal rights and things like that.... she just keeps talking about how fun it will be to have a husband lol ( like he will change as soon as the papers are signed)

ALSO they are still waiting another year or so before doing it !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• What about her SO? Did she stay him as his girlfreind because he did not want to marry? If so that might be the reason.

Answer by louise2 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ever since school he would always say they were going to get married and he has always said he just never got around to it...lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• To me after being together that long I wouldn't see any point in getting married!
    BabyMommaPelt

Answer by BabyMommaPelt at 1:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• that little piece of paper is a very important thing.....but in my case,i have a 4 year old,im not with my sons father anymore,he is trying to take my son from me,he is running from the cops and from child support...im the one who has the marriage license,i have the proof that we were married.........but,they have been on again off again,i say just stay engaged or just boyfriend/girlfriend..................but its their choice if they want to get married or not...........they have been wanting this for a long time!! if they are dead serious then they should do it....if they just want to do this because they think its cool to walk around saying "my wife or my husband" then they need to rethink this whole thing.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010