coincidence? or not?

up until several months ago, my husband and i took turns bathing our son. every time my husband would do it, my son would complain about his penis hurting and it would be all dry and irritated around the base of it. it wouldn't be like that when i bathed him ever, so i told my husband that i would bathe our son from now on. since i started being the only one to bathe him, he has not complained about his penis hurting and has not had any dryness or irritation down there at all. do you think my husband was not washing him well enough or it's just a coincidence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2boys, that wasn't OP's question. And all kids are different, just because yours are (supposedly) washing themselves at as young as 2 years old, doesn't mean it's that way for other people's kids.

OP, I don't know..but I did bump for you. It could be what you said, not washing him well enough. Either way, it sounds like he was doing something or not doing something to cause it. Weird. Glad he hasn't had problems since you changed things..poor kiddo, that had to be uncomfortable as all hell for him. =[
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• maybe or he may have been getting soap to much in it...
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds awful for him, and don't flip over people asking how old he is and why he's not bathing by himself. My son is 6 and I still have to help him with everything! He just wants to play in the water with his toys. Another thing is that your husband being a man should know exactly how to wash that area properly! Men can be so careless.
    nqmochafrappe

Answer by nqmochafrappe at 11:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds like he just didn't clean or rinse him off good, probably didn't wash him off good. Such a man for you! lol :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• how old is your son? and why isnt he washing himself? my boys are 2 and 4 and all i have to do is help them rinse off....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2010