Fighting kids 3 Year girl and 6 year boy.

should I just let them hurt each other just once so they can see they ARE hurting each other? Normally I break it up before it really starts so I am CONSTANTLY breaking them up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• He is small for his age retarded so he picks with out trying. She is big for her age so she can beat the crap out of him if I let her. They are basically on the same level. They spend 80% of the day in separate rooms or in time outs. You think I didn't think of that one myself?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I could not sit back & watch children hurt each other. It may be hard for the 3 y/o, but you could try having them talk out their feelings of anger & frustration w/ you as mediator. (ie: mirror back what you think they are trying to express) If it's over a toy, set a timer, so each gets a turn. If that doesnt work, then no one gets to play w/ it! Separate time out areas & separate play areas may be necessary too. Unfortunately, this is a never ending problem. My 21 & 19 y/o boys still manage to find things to fight w/ my 8 y/o dau about! Ugh! Good luck mama- you're in for the long haul here!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thank you Mrsmom...I think. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Do not let them hurt each other it will get worse. My niece lets her boys fight it out and they do get hurt and it has gotten worse. I'm sure they will use weapons next. It is real bad. I think now they hate each other.

I never let my kids hit that is just wrong!! they have learn how respect each other and also learn how the listen, and not fight for everything. Teach them to talk things out. My twins are very close (boy and Girl)
    He lives with his sister and her husband.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• One idea....my niece has a kindness chart in her home. The kids have to do the things on the chart and they get points or stickers for doing them. After a week or so they get a day out to the park, go out for ice cream, have a special meal, go to a museum, etc. It has worked wonders for them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My grown boys age 19 20 and 22 find stuff to fight about with their 3 year old sister!! i wouldn't let them hurt each other though.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010