How do I get over this feeling of depression. I lost my baby over a year ago and I have been trying to get pregnant. Please help.

I am a 26 year old woman and I want to know since I lost the baby can I still have one after this incident. Thank you.

dr3a

Asked by dr3a at 12:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my son when i was 17 and have wanted more since in the last 12 yrs after years of waiting and wanting i gave up the thought of having any more i'm almost 30 not to old to have any more but my son is 12 this year and the age difference. and this past june i found out i was pg. i was so happy only to lose it a week later. it's hard to get over the loss but life goes on. the depression is bad for you if you are trying again.it took me 12 yrs to give up hope and look what happened. just give it time it will come. find something to do to take your mind off the loss. i statred working with horses and it's helped so much.
    Jamie231724

Answer by Jamie231724 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you may want to talk to your doctor about the depression. He may want to send you to therapy, which would be really helpful. He may also discuss medications, too. It's ok to take certain ones, and you can let him know you are TTC (trying to concieve). He should find a medication that is fine to take during pg.

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. It was, of course, devistating. I went on to have 4 children after that, all carried to term.
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 2:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Its painful to deal with. I dealt with it myself. No one can truly tel you how to deal with your grief
    but here are a few things you might want to consider.

talk it over with your spouse

Talk to a close loved one or friend to get it off your chest

Talk to your doctor you may need medication
    luvintkandtj

Answer by luvintkandtj at 2:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am 25 and I miscarried last October when I was 7 weeks pregnant. We have been trying ever since to get pregnant. I just started the ovulation tests this month. Good luck to you!
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008