how can any mother say they love there kids and leave them with strangers all day

While they pursue "careers"..what cud be. More important than ur kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• hMM. Let's see. My income from my "career" pays the bills and puts food on the table. That's A#1.

The "stranger" that I've left my son with every day since he was 8 weeks old? Not quite a stranger. I carefully chose her after interviewing multiple daycares, and chose the one that most mirrored my parenting style and the way I want my child to learn. She misses him when he's gone, and vice versa.

All 3 of my children have been in daycare since I was able to return to work. Had I not worked the last twelve years, do you know where my family would be? Dependant on public aid, that's where. I love my children SO VERY MUCH that I feel teaching them how to be independant, hard working, and productive members of society is FAR more important than us having to struggle on one income.

Shove that up your judgemental ass.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You must not love your kids once they reach the age of 5 and go to school then.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• OP, you are right there is nothing more important than our kids, but if mommy is not happy how can she make her kids happy? You have to look at the whole picture, some women were not cut out to be stay at home moms......

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• judgmental much? What about those mothers who are single and have to provide everything for their children because their Deadbeat of a father decided to run off with the harlot next door...stupid and unjustified question you are asking....you are a moron!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• what about the dad pursuing his "career" he must not love his kids either. seriously a woman wants to make a better life for her family and herself and you say she doesn't love her kids???? i'd say she is doing a good thing for her kids by starting them in day care because they learn how to make friends and socialize
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Wow! How judgmental! Not all people have the luxury of not pursuing a career or a minimum wage job. Some have no choice as to work because the person who helped to create the child/ren is a dead beat.

I wouldn't dare judge a person who puts a child in daycare. It's not my place. And if I was going to make such a lovely blanket statement I certainly wouldn't hide behind the anon button.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hmmm, lots of ridiculous and judgemental questions from anons this morning. Starting think it is the same person.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm a SAHM. I love my kids very much, and I'm very glad that between my dh's job and my frugality, we're able to afford for me to stay home.

My sister loves her kids very much, and she loves them enough that when they were little, even though it broke her heart to do so, she left them in child care (NOT with strangers - she researched and got to know her child care providers very well), because she loved them enough to want them to have things like food, a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and health care. She was a single mom, and if she didn't work, they wouldn't have had those things.

Love comes in many forms, and what's right for one family isn't always whats right for another, because after all, every situation is different.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Dumb whore...trying to get a rise outta people. Perhaps she should focus on herself and her inability to spell that worry about what others are doing.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well, thats an easy one.....I don't love my kids. I only had them for the tax breaks and cheap labor. SOMEONE'S got to do laundry and it aint gonna be me. Now that my 4 yr old can step on a stool and reach into the washer, life is good. The 18 month old licks all the dishes clean, but doesn't put them away yet. Ah well. Soon.
    MammaRed

Answer by MammaRed at 12:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2010