I NEED SLEEP!!!!!

Im at my wits end right now. Im having the hardest time getting my 6 month old son to sleep through the night. I don't know if its a girl thing, but my daughter was sleeping most of the night by the time she was 4 months and sleeping straight through the night by 10 months. But even when she was waking up during the night it was usually no more than twice with the first time around midnight and the second around 5 am. My son, on the other hand, seems to be waking ever 2 hours between the hours of 12 and 6 am. I don't know what to do. He doesn't take a lot of naps during the day and I pretty good about not letting him nap to late in the evening. I give him a bedtime bottle with cereal and a lavender bath at night. I've tried changing his bedtime to a later hour and reading to him with my daughter before bedtime. Nothing seem to work. With a husband who's deployed and no family near by I'm running on fumes. If you have any suggestions please let me hear them. The bags under my eyes thanks you!!

jada2514

Asked by jada2514 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put some cereal in his bottle try a swing maybe :p gudluck
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I put cereal in his bottle but Ill try the swing. Thanks!!
    jada2514

Comment by jada2514 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The only thing that can help you is get a babysitter for the night time. On the weekends would be best. Some kids are just harder to get to sleep. My daughter is going though this with her 1 1/2 but her hubby is home every other night to help some lol he is a fireman. And she has two other young kids. 8 and 5 year olds. And she does look like a Zombie everyday. She is also home schooling.
    And she also does not have family around her, I keep telling her to move near me so I can help.

If you are not working maybe you should go home for a week or so. Have the grandparents help out.
    Or get someone from home to come out to help?
    If you have to put earphones on, he will be fine in he's bed. But Not all the time.
    we have all been there you will be fine.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• @ gammie...... Thanks for the ideas!!! You have a lot of helpful ones. Im willing to try whatever I can at this point. Lol.
    jada2514

Comment by jada2514 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My first and third children are terrible sleepers. My second is a DREAM!! So I know about being tired. I nurse and can not effectively pump, so I have been up at night for basically the last six years. It stinks but I have survived!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010