Has anyone else had their due date change by 3 weeks??

So my first sonogram would have put me at being 27 weeks Sunday. My second put me at 28 weeks tomorrow. While I had one done today and I am friggin 30 weeks!! Are you serious?? I only have 10 more weeks to get ready and my apartment floors aren't even put in!! :( He is only suppose to weigh 2-2 1/2 at most... he weighs 3LBS!!! He is going to be HUGE!!! Oh my goodness!!!

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Towards the end of the pregnancy they do it by the size of the baby. Your baby could just be measuring at 30 weeks, a due date is just a guess date to. The baby is going to come when he/she wants to.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• They did that to me too... My son's first due date was the 22nd(april)... every US they changed it the final one was the 3rd (April) He was born the 23rd. They should of just stook with the 22nd. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• oh and he was only 7 lbs 12 ounces
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes my son was due July 20th they took him on July 8th my daugher was due August 25 they took her July 29th... its all on their progress in growth
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• There is NO absolute positive way to predict the due date. There are estimations and calculations that can give you a "ballpark" due date. The only way to be positive is to get pregnant the first and ONLY time you have ever had sex. Sonograms can measure the size and weight of the fetus but you might be carrying a small baby or a large baby so the sonogram is also only an estimate of when to expect your LO. Then, of course, there is the possiblity of preterm pregnancy or a baby who just doesn't want to come without assistance. Good luck. I know it is frustrating to not know an exact date. I dealt with that myself. Congratulations!
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 12:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes, one of mine was a 3-week long due date (and obviously it is the MID-point as due dates are). We are really due a month with the due date in the middle of it.

I would avoid all that exposure.

Baby *will* come sometime.
    You might be "37 weeks" or "44 weeks," whenever...
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• In all my ultrasounds I was always right on for what they expected my due date to be. That said my daughter was three weeks early all on her own at a very healthy 7 obs 9 oz. With my son I was in such pain that my OB induced me at 38 weeks and he shocked us all by being 8 lbs 13 oz.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2010