Worried

Ok so im 31/2 months along havent gained any wieght. I was just trying to give my daughters a bath and im getting winded. Im not over wieght or anyhting so i don't understand why im getting weak and winded. Is this normal in pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes ma'am. Even if you aren't gaining weight, your lungs have less room because your belly is changing... Everything changes position, and it most certainly will make you have shortness of breath :). Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Not gaining weight at first is fine. a lot of women LOSE weight and are still healthy. If you are wondering about your weight, your doc can reassure you or explain anything about your weight. Getting winded is completely normal during pregnancy. Everything inside of you is being pushed upwards squishing your lungs and what not. So yes its normal.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I lost weight in my first trimester because of morning sickness. As long as your ob isn't concerned then don't worry.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• your body is working a lot harder than normal. it is very normal to feel winded, even that early. And the weight gain (or lack of) is also totally normal
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• you could have low blood presure, that happened to me whan I was preg. with my son. You feel out of breath and sometime lightheaded over the smallest task yet other days your fine.....
    Anonymous

• Oh I was ok so I won't worry, just make sure to eat normal and take it easy when you feel that way.
    Anonymous

• I lost eight pounds in my first three months, and have now gained 25 pounds total in my 30th week. You'll gain the weight you and your baby needs to get through this and birth normally, just be sure to eat several small meals throughout the day, and plenty of healthy snacks. I had the "weak and winded" type thing as well up until recently when they found out I am very slightly anemic. As a precaution you might want to develop a taste for molasses cookies, spinach, and other healthy forms of iron. They have really helped me with my energy levels!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sounds very normal to me, but mention the weakness and lack of breath to your doc at your next appointment. You're probably fine, but your doctor will know your history and what's really ok for you (plus the more they know, the better). In the meantime, try to relax as much as possible, you have the best excuse ever! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Even though you haven't gained weight ( a good thing ) your body is doing extra work. Taking care of your needs and the baby's needs. As you should remember, there is less space in the body cavity as the baby gets larger. But if this concerns you do make an appt. to see the doctor for this condition. Never take a chance with the little one. or you.
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 7:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008