Can you really change the way men are?

Many people say no, don't even bother. But I think there must be a way. Not to change them completely, but to change the way they do some things. Like leaving a mess, not paying attention to detail, or just being selfish. I understand that everyone has their downfalls, but is there a passive/slick approach to alter some of this behavior? Also, I know leaving him is an option, but that's not the advice I am looking for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No you can't change men from the way they are. They have to be willing to change or all your effort in trying to change them is worthless.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can't change men or women. People are the way they are and they won't change unless they want to.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can't change them you CAN make them a better person. At least that is what I think.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You cannot change anyone!!!!!! accept them as they are or not, these are your options, anything else will set you up for disappointment.

Answer by older at 12:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I HATE 2 say this but their is NO WAY at all that U can CHANGE any MEN specialy on this EARTH their is NO WAY trying 2 do it.
    Cuteone52

Answer by Cuteone52 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You fell in love iwht that person for a reason. Trying to change a person in any way may make him or her into someone you may not like, know, etc. I know EVERYONE one of us has faults, big and small, and if you REALLY love someone, you might make a rational suggestion but if the person chooses not to change, you might need to be the one to do the changing.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 12:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can't change their basic natures,---BUT, you can get them to clean up after themselves !!!! Do it by threatening to go on strike... then, if they don't respond,----STRIKE !!!... Let's see how he likes doing all the scutt work !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 12:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• None of us ever change. We only become more truly who we are.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you can't change anyone who is not yourself, a person has to be the one to make that change in them self. You can encourage different behavior but if you marry someone when they are a pig (messy) you also have to be willing to live with that, expecting them to change isn't fair. If there are changes in him that you really want to make then maybe you can try striking a deal with him. Ask him what kinds of changes he wants you to make in yourself and you can work on those and in exchange you can ask him to work on some of the things that have been bugging you.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I no longer want that job after ten years its over for me its easier to take care of myself. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010