Did anyone else purchase the Dora Window Surprises Dollhouse and get disasppointed by how fast the batteries die in it?

We bought this for our daughter for Christmas and it went through 8 AA batteries in less than 24 hours! Crazy!

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Shopping

• I checked some reviews late last night and found that the biggest complaint was that it was 'too expensive for what you get' (What do they expect the name 'Dora' is on it?) Anyway, no one mentioned battery issues so I will be interested to see what you find out. (especially since we have the same house!)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We got the one that does the seasons... is that it? We haev had no problems with batteries yet... You may want to contact them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I looked it up. That is the one my parents got DD. We haev not had to change the batteries yet and she has played with it non stop...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• no..this is one thing that wasn't on our shopping list
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yeah, it's the one with the seasons. I mean, it's not like we're using cheap batteries either. We've been using Duracell and Energizer and it's just drained them! We may contact them and see what they say.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'll get my husband to call them tonight because they will probably just irritate me if I call them and try to talk to them. People can be so snooty.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010