Would you be a surrogate Mother for a friend?

I was just wondering how many women would consider being a surrogate Mother for a friend ?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my friend was trying for years and i told her i would do it in a heartbeat, this was before i was married then i got married and my dh said no but after getting to know this friend what she meaned to me in my life along with her husband ( wonderful people) he understood and said if it came down to it i could and i would in an instant. but she did end up pregnant on her own after a while due to a fertility doctor well the 2nd doc lol and she has a wonderful lil girl now. we also dicussed that if i did she would always be mama but i would always be auntie and even said if we ever fought ( u just never know ) that my kids will never miss out on her and now with her dd its the same rule. she is always auntie as i am to her dd. besides the child could always be in ur life that was my rule ill do it but never take the baby away..we considerd it like family.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I couldn't do it. It would be to hard for to go carry that baby for 9 months, give birth and then just hand the baby right on over. Call be selfish but that would just kill me emotionally.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'd like to think I would. I know what its like to struggle TTC.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• For a small, select few people.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would for my best friend!!! She has been trying for years
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I dunno if I could. I hated being pregnant and I don't think I could carry a child and then give it up.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think so.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I hated being pregnant but I would definitely do it for a friend- imagine the joy I could bring into their lives =) And I think I'd have a very special bond with their child

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No...it gets too complicated.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 1:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would do it for a stranger. I actually want to. I want to have another pregnancy/birth experience, but I definitely don't want another baby. So surrogacy seems like the logical answer. And after going through what I did when pregnant with and after giving birth to my daughter, I know I can handle it emotionally.

As soon as my daughter weans, I plan to start down that path. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2010