Isn't it 'time'? Why can't I just say it??

I've been with my BF for 6 months now, but I've known him and his family for nearly 10 years. He is moving in next month. He is amazing, a good man, and great with my son. I'm not really good with emotions, or talking about how I feel-- so I havent told him I love him. Even just typing it out gives me the heebie jeebies.
I mean I THINK the words all the time, I WANT to say it-- I want him to know that he's absolutely incredible and that I'm so happy he's in our lives--- but I just can't bring myself to say it!!
WTH is wrong with me?
And the reason he hasnt said it-- is because he knows that that word makes me uncomfortable.. and he's waiting on me to say it first. I can tell he wants to, though, probably just as bad as I want to!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like it's all you. You don't want to get hurt. You love him but you're freaking out inside. Take the plunge!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree. If you want a successful, happy relationship you are going to have to step out of your comfort zone and go for it and learn to express your emotions more freely.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Take a deep breathe, a step back, maybe look at your feet, and SAY it. Imagine it being already done and how nice you and he will feel afterward!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you're a lil afraid of getting hurt... love is a scary thing... just relax... maybe have a tiny glass of wine or something to loosen you up... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Put that wall down that you have built... Speak what is in your heart! What do you have to lose? Sounds like you have more to gain if you just open up ;). I know first hand that it's so damn scary to let someone in all the way, but you will feel so much better if you just allow it to happen instaed of fighting the feeling ;) here are 2 quotes for you ;)

"Love is like an earthquake-unpredictable, a little scary, but when the hard part is over you realize how lucky you truly are.”

"One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.”
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• have a few drinks, lol ... or try it on paper to practice 1st. like in a card or letter. practice, work the kinks out
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010