Anyone ever had issues with false positives or BAD evap lines on the casset pregnancy test that you order online (like the ones they use in the doctors office)?

I have taken 5 of them. The first 4 I could see a second line but it didn't appear to have any true color. Then after the time limit the test looked VERY positive but of course results after the time line don't count....

Anyways I took one today and the test line is VERY light BUT DEFINATELY THERE. It even has some pink color to it. I showed my husband to make sure I wasn't seeing things and he said he definately sees a light pink line there too.

It's just SO LIGHT and with the issues we've had with the first 4 test we are afraid to get excited...you know?

I'm making an appointment with my doctor for a blood test to see what's going on and see if he can confirm my results or not.

Anyways has anyone else had issues with false positives or BAD evap lines from the casset test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Oh I'm 17 DPO...don't know if that matters or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well I have not, but don't fret wait a few more days and use first morning urine.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• False positives are rare. The test looks for HCG hormone which is made by the placenta. Wait another ady or so and test agin with a home test. Dollar store ones are supposed to be just as good as anything else. And yes, use first morning urine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I've used FMU every time and I know they are rare....it's this test....It makes me second guess the results.

I'm going to get some more tests and test again in a week. I have a doctor's appointment January 11th to see what's going on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010