How could it be? TMI

I have been going to the dr for at least 5 months for uti's or bladder infections, went to two dr, a regular one, a gyn and a specialist. Been on all kinds of meds for 5 months still on meds, I go to the dr one day and my urine is clean, next day I have a issue again, last Friday took myself to the emergency room and have another bladder infection. Specialist wants me on meds a low does till june when I been on it for a month now and still get infections, why? Isnt there something wrong to keep on getting theses? Have had ultrasounds that show up fine, I cant handle this anymore, I called my gyn again and waiting to hear something back there got to be something that can be done. Meds for this long to me is crazy. Any ideas, thoughts? Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 12:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• Could be diet, not drinking enough water and a vicious cycle of antbiotics reducing your immunity and causing infection.

I'd talk to a naturopath about this because what you're doing obviously isn't working.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• 1. Drink!!! Like a fish - water, cranberry & prune juices. They will help to flush out your system.
    2. After sex, pee and clean yourself. The bacteria left will find a way inside and make you more prone to infections.

After that, I'm not much help. Have had a few in my time, but never chronic. I hope you find a solution soon.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thanks, I do drink alot of water and pee after sex too. Thanks for the advice.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Things that I know cause my bladder infections (maybe you too??) : Maxi or mini pads that are scented, some laundry detergents & body soaps, rough sex with DH. I only use dove soap now and wear cotton underwear, I now use Arm & Hammer laundry det. & tell my DH to get a grip!! LOL! I also agree with drinking a lot of water & washing up really well after sex & pee right after too. Also Iced Tea mix caused bladder infections for me. Hope i helped.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would try taking a strong probiotic and maybe have your dh tested for the bacteria. There are some infections that you can pass back and forth. I also ditto the cranberry juice; water and a low sugar diet. Sorry you're having so much trouble.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 1:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Do you take baths? Do you use bubble bath? What do you use to wash down there? Baths, especially with bubble bath, can cause those infections - my DD used to get them and once we stopped baths she's never had another.
    Anonymous

• Oh my gosh we have alot in common.I have gone through so much ,like you.It took a hysterectomy to stop most of my problems.I still get the occational problems,but it is either stress related,or diet cokes!Lucky for me tea does not effect me that way.I have cut my diet cokes by half and watching my sweets too.Stress causes a lot of female problems.I have also gone to portioning my food .I use my hand to determine how big or small servings are ,and i cut meat into very small pieces.By doing this simple task, i have lost 30 pounds of dead weight i could not take off.And remember those exersize's you did in high school gym class?
    Well they work great as a regular routine for fitness too.My mother used to take milk bath with some kind of medicine in it,but i cannot find out what it was.After a long soak in this milk bath she never had another infection.We are exposed to so many chemicals now daily its hard to know what causes what.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree on going to a natural dr.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010