what do YOU do to relax and handle stress??

I feel super stressed and on edge all the time, the littlest things set me off into a yelling fit or where I can feel my blood boiling!

RockerMomToTwo

Asked by RockerMomToTwo at 12:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• unfortunately have a cigarette, and clean........ It makes me feel better....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I give myself a time-out.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 1:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• LOL... Unfortunately I do the cigarette too and clean because I have to... I would like to quit smoking but I feel it will put my kids in danger haha... The time out idea sounds wonderful but I hardly get time for the cigarette break...
    RockerMomToTwo

Comment by RockerMomToTwo (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I've started taking baths after the kids go to bed. It seems to relax me.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 1:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Lol I lay in the bed and watch lifetime!
    BabyMommaPelt

Answer by BabyMommaPelt at 1:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Take a few minutes to myself and if the kids are in bed I take a long hot bath
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• But what should you do in the midst of the day when you can't just walk away or take break or hot bath??
    RockerMomToTwo

Comment by RockerMomToTwo (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I lock myself in the bathroom.. I light candles get a good book and a stiff drink... I cut the phone off and anything else that will interupt and i sit and soak in bubble bath until i am so relaxed i feel like melted butter then i will emerge. if not ill hang my kids by their toes from the ceiling fan.. lol j/k but i get stressed like that too so... it helps me or just sit and relax and listen to music if you dont read
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i smoke too, and only because of stress. everytime i try to quit, i do good for a few days until im stressed and i go right back to my comfort zone (smoking). its my way of handling things. im actually very good about staying calm and keeping my cool... having 3 daughters under 5 years of age has taught me how to learn patience. some evenings i drink chamomile tea if my nerves are really shot, its pretty soothing. if its the kids that are driving me crazy we go to the park or do something, once theyre entertained theyre in such better spirits. my oldest is very high energy so she constantly needs to be busy or shes a force to be reckoned with!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• when i need to get away from life or kids ( yelling mama mama mama ) i take my 5 yr old into my room put in movie for him that i know he loves and i lay in bed and listen to my mp3. for 1 hour. that way i can relax but know what my ds is doing which is normaly laying in bed next to me watching the movie. also i light a nice candle clean the house spotless that way when kids are in bed the house is clean and smells great then i curl up on the couch with a good book. and just relax. and enjoy. also when im stressed i bake so kids love it lol. and dh knows ok wife is stressed she baked cookies muffins and banana bread all in one day. that when my dh says ok hun go in the bedroom and listen to your radio. also seeing my son is 5 i also put on my mp3 and clean he dances along with me and is in what ever room i am in. he giggles at me sometimes. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010