Weight Loss?

I'm 12 weeks pregnant (13 weeks on Sunday) and I have not gained any weight. Pre-pregnancy weight was 133(high for me, I used to be 125 and gained the 8lbs just this year) and I'm 5'7" tall. I went down to 128-126 once I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant/ when I went on a healthy eating diet and cut out soda.
I get nauseated at night quite a bit but I really don't throw up any food I eat, usually if I throw up it's in the morning before I've eaten, and it's only happened like 5 times total. I try to eat 6 small meals a day but sometimes I eat bigger meals and only make 4 or so. I drink a lot of water and juice now as well. I'm now 124-127 depending on what time of day I weigh but I feel like that's so low for being 12 weeks, especially when I don't throw up often. Is it bad that I'm not back up in weight again?

Charmasina

Asked by Charmasina at 1:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Technically I didn't gain any weight during my whole pregnancy. I lost almost 20lbs in the beginning due to morning sickness and loss of appetite and only gained that back. I was almost exactly the same weight the day I went into labor as the day of my very first prenatal appointment lol. But my son was a healthy 7.5lbs! You don't need to gain a ton of weight to have a healthy pregnancy. Eat what you can, when you can, and make every calorie count.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If you're eating regular healthy meals and taking a prenatal vitamin, your baby is getting the nutrition that it needs. On average, healthy weight gain would be approximately 3-5lbs for the first trimester, then 1lb every week following (for a total of about 30-36ish lbs). If you're heavier you may gain less, if you're underweight you should gain more. I wouldn't worry at this point. Your doctor should weigh you at each appointment, and will let you know if they're concerned. It's not that uncommon for a woman to even lose some weight during the first trimester.
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 3:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I lost 5lbs in the beginning too, and didn't really gain any until I was about 14-16wks even then it was only a couple of pounds. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010