It looks like worms!

Have you had the ground beef from Walmart that looks like worms? It is like the spaghetti noodles we made with playdo as kids. I hate that meat!! My hubby added it to the chili...just spent half my lunch picking out the longest pieces of "ground" beef. Anyone else feel this way about it?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yeah, thats how ground beef looks. They extrude the meat through small holes. When I hand grind meat, it comes out the same way. Break it as you cook it to not have long pieces.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i crumble it as i cook it cause i like my ground beef to be "bite size". but yea i know what you're talking about, i usually do all of my shopping at wal-mart and they're beef is more spaghetti like than some other grocery stores.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• How did you husband cook it?? when I cook in it cooks into crumbles like normal hamburger!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My hubby cooked this so he didnt get it chopped up well. I have to put their meat thru the food processor after cooking because it doesnt seem to break up easily. Im not usually picky but that meat freaks me out! lol
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It wouldn't have been as bad if he would have chopped it alot more while cooking it.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• As long as you chop it up with the spatula (or whatever you use to stir it around with) it comes out fine. Sounds like your hubby just plopped it into the pan and let it do it's thing. But, hey, at least he cooks!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The stuff I get at WM is the 93/7 that comes in the rolls. Now that stuff is hard to break up. I haven't bought the "fresh" ground stuff in a while because the rolls take up less freezer space.

I agree with the others, it just needs to be broken up more while cooking.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i have only bought ground beef from wal mart 1 time and it just tasted gross so i will not buy it again, but it did not look wormy at all. i grind some of my own meat and yes, that looks wormy, because that is how it comes out of the grinder. i have the pampered chef chopper thing that i use to chop my hamburger while it is cooking, it always comes out fine and nice.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Gross, I chop it up.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2010