Anyone else tired of all the recycled movies coming out of HollyLAME?

This is sort of a rant: 

The list of remakes done in the past two years alone would take up all the characters we have here. So I will forgo listing them. I heard that sigh of relief!! LOL!! The newest insult to originality is the remake of the classic John Wayne western, True Grit

Coming out in 2011 we have a remake of the Charles Bronson movie, The Mechanic, starring Jason Statham in the Charles Bronson role. There will also be yet ANOTHER version of A Cabin in the Woods released in 2011. 

There have been rumors of remakes coming in the form of Footloose, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (without Joss Wedon again and we all KNOW how that turned out last time) and The Crow

If it's not a remake, it's a video game or cartoon being turned into live action (The Last Airbender) and the idiots making the movie don't even follow the story line correctly. Movies based on books go in this category as well. If you are going to make a movie adaption, at least get the damn story RIGHT! 

*sigh* So, now that I have ranted and raved ... I will ask ... anyone else tired of all the remakes? 

**IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/) is where I get my upcoming movie info**

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 1:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• Somebody said it right, they're running out of new ideas, but there are so many good books now that would make great movies. That made me think of a question to ask, lol.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• really remakes suck yes I said it jeff bridges can never fill the shoes of the duke. Jason statam is good but he is no charles Bronson they suck. I like that holly lame!! LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• sorry statham
    pinkdragon36

• I don't like them all, but some I do. Like the Karate KId, I thought it was a great movie.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• They are definetely running out of ideas for movies
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sometimes the remakes are better if they are done well, but most aren't.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Haven't seen the Karate Kid yet, but we like Jackie Chan so we are going to give it a whirl. I have to admit, I did buy the remake of The Expendables, but it has so many action stars that we like in it and the previews looked good. 

I will admit, not all remakes are of the horrible or bad variety, well except maybe the horror movie remakes and they are usually of BAD movies to start with!!! I just want to see some fresh ideas instead of the same thing over and over. 

SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010