Hoarding tv show

OMG how can they live like that? Some people I can understand how it started like when they lost a child unexpectedly but wow. Anybody else watch the show and like it? :)

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I watch the show. I know someone who is a hoarder, although to a lesser degree. It is a form of OCD.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think those situations are sad. I do use it to get me motivated to clean my house.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yeah. I think my mom has it. She still has some of her work clothes from when I was like in 4th grade. I'm 27!!! I'm like wow if you clean it out you can put newer and nicer things in there lol that's my motto :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• that show scares me. i DON'T do walking around stuff. everything in my place has to be clean and organized and if we don't need it then it gets thrown away or donated. i was watching an episode last night and this woman had a 7 year old daughter who wanted to kill herself because her mothers hording problem was so bad.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• For some of the cleaner hoarders i wouldnt mind taking some of there things. Like the one I am watching now this lady is not nasty just has a TON of stuff. I would sooo love to take some of the extra stuff :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• WOW that is bad when your 7 year old wants to die...damn
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• its crazy how they live that way, but its a great show. my grandmother is that way....
    beeandlacismom

Answer by beeandlacismom at 1:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We've watched it a few times and I always wonder, how do they let the TRASH pile up like that!? I can understand the buying and keeping things, but ewww, used diapers and things??

I remember one episode we watched where they had no choice but to condemn the house. The woman had to use adult diapers because she had no running water and they (diapers) were just thrown on the floor. She tied herself to a chair in the kitchen at night to sleep!! It was BEYOND disgusting.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was watching and listening to it too, while mopping up my kitchen and dining room floors. It blows my mind. I know there is some psychological thing behind it, but I see some of it as just plain laziness. I mean, throw your garbage away. And if your coffee pot has maggots in it....throw it out immediately for one....don't leave 3 sitting there. I know people like this, but it's just plain gross.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I love this show. I am very thankful that I am not that way and I know no one that is like that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010